Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Word on the Hessian Protocol

I've personally done some testing with a few different protocols lately and one of those was Hessian.  I had actually never heard of it until some other tech guys filled me in.  I've done some testing around it with web services and can definitely say it is extremely fast.  It's a binary protocol, but you can actual marshal objects like a standard org.w3c.dom.Document object (in Java) without having to distribute a bunch of custom classes to clients.  It is extremely fast and a very light-weight protocol as best I could tell.  Not difficult at all to deal with in the Spring world or straight Java.  It's not a Java-only thing, but I do not have experience with Hessian in other languages.

Just an interesting bit of information and learning for others that may want to research more.  I have been amazed at what I have seen with Hessian so far.

No comments: